Wednesday 1 August 2007

Learning The Hard Way

Did nt manage to play on Sunday night , I got back late from my chip shop and was just feeling really tired , so i managed to get away from the screen for a proper sleep

Monday night I lost a buyin early on when i got all in with 89s on the button on a 8 7 10 J 5 board only for the cut off to show Q9 the thing is he called my raise and then he called my c bet and then i just had to go all in. After that its hard work getting back to where you started .

Still i experimented a little with the 3 betting and i think i got the hang of it well just a little anyway . The guy on my right raised 3 times in a row when i was on the button the first time i had nothing but then JJ and AA what else could i do but re raise , he then proceeded to warn me about it lol . I did not feel i could justify doing it again too soon .

Tuesday night again i struggled early on and lost a buyin when i raised with K10o on the button the utg+1 called he then called my flop bet my turn bet and my river bet on a KJ847 I couldn't seem to get him to fold and was all in on the river only for him to show K7. Cold have saved some money here . Still again worked on the 3 betting with a little more success beginning to understand it .

Spent most of this morning reading the blogs in particular noledges blog
I need to get to this level ! no i will get to this level !!

Whilst i am not always posting on the blog i am most certainly reading others and trying to comment . Once i find a Hot spot for my laptop ill do my comments at lunchtimes giving me more time to play in the evenings

The blogs are a great way of learning , they really are , i have already got articles on 3 betting , table selectin and table aggression . Whats also pretty cool is you can also add to other blogs who probably dont know you exist and they respond

So although July has not been very productive on the $ side . In fact pretty unproductive .It most certainly has been on the learning / understanding side

So see you at the tables

3 comments:

Noel said...

Thanks man I appreciate the positive feedback. Keep grinding!

losbert said...

I agree with you the blogs are a great way of learning and it shows to me any way that people consider lots of different things when coming to a decision and that there is a deeper level of thinking than what I am doing at the moment.

Good luck

RakebackFAQ said...

These blogs are a great way to get better. Alot of the guys have had a great month. For me i think this was a settleing in month and with every1 giving there thoughts on blogs we can only learn. I think this is much better for your game than CR. Lets hope for a great month.
GL