Sunday 29 July 2007

Solid Session

Ok first here are a few hands , now that i finally have worked out how to get these posted correctly

Hand 1 I was wondering should i have called this ? or fold ? I know I'm on the button so i should be using my position , but how ? or do i just pitch this hand and wait ?
www.pokerhand.org/?1311348

Hand 2 I seem to want to call the flush draws . Is there any +EV in this play , should i just fold ?
www.pokerhand.org/?1311360

Hand 3 This was my first attempt at 3 betting on this table , Not sure if my play makes sense though ?
www.pokerhand.org/?1311362

Hand 4 This guy minraised me , I just felt that it was a weak play that he continued , I was aso the big stack and easily had him covered . Those were my thoughts , but were they correct
www.pokerhand.org/?1311386


So anyway last nights session was ok , had to change tables a couple of times , must be some sort of delay with the hud , My 47 , 20 table somehow turned into a 20 / 16 by the time i got there...lol i hate it when that happens !!!

Ended up 2 buyinsup , so i was quite pleased , it beats losing a big pot early on and then having to grind my way back to the starting position .

It just goes to show how important confidence is in this game and you also
need a little momentum . Yep momentum , and i came up with a cunning
plan for when i go back to 4 tabling .

I will start of patiently with the 2 tables , feel my way into the session , and then once i feel i am playing my a game , i will add another table and then another
,
this also gives me the opportunity to pick a decent table , so often i
just get to choosing any table , the first and just load them up . A
little preparation should is necessary

See you at the tables

oh , i just read an article by corny on 12 tabling . I wonder if Mr Warrior has read it ?

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1: Depending on the player, I like a 3-bet here with 99. As played, I think you should be glad to get a nice free showdown.

Hand 2: Never min-raise. Ever. Ever ever ever. Seriously though, there are very few times when a min-raise is appropriate. The reason to raise with your hand on the flop is because you have good equity against his range and you have fold equity. If you min-raise, you take away that fold equity and you have to make your hand to win. Here, if you'd raised more on the flop and he called, you can probably take a free turn card to try and hit your hand.

Hand 3: You need to post your opponents VPIP and PFR in these hands really. This isn't a good spot to 3-bet because he's opened UTG and your hand can be very dominated against that range. I'd probably just shove that flop hoping he might fold TT or JJ.

Hand 4: This worked out nicely. I would have probably just called the flop and gone from there, but this seemed like a good play against this guy. I think raising it to $24 would have been sufficient though - no need to risk extra money if you don't need to.

Good plan with starting out on 2 tables and gradually building up as you feel comfortable. Definitely a good idea.

Bluff said...

Have you ever tried the deep stack games on Full Tilt? MMMMMM. Juicy. Hey, by the way, who the heck are you?:) You have a link to my site and I don't know who you might be.

RakebackFAQ said...

Havent looked at the results yet.

Hand 1) If iam feelin frisky a bet is good, and c bet alot of people will call that but you find out if your beat on 4th after you bet. As played id of bet 4th if i was called id check behind and if raised its an easy fold.

Hand 2) is a lovely hand for your pfr. Ill be much more aggrasive with this on the flop. If you min raise the guy always has to call. You have a big draw here and should bet it big. Like Ken said if he calls hell check to you alot of the time giving you a free river. When heads up these draws are only any good on the flop. With that 1 there iam honestly ok with getting allin there your K is probably good aswell. On the turn they lose half there chances of hitting and is often not worth continueing unless its multi way for a biggy. There so tempting to play on with.

I dunno if you know it but theres a rule of 2-4 that give you odds from your outs. Its worth memorising it makes these situations easy. http://www.pokerxl.com/TexasHoldemOdds.html
Using that you hand above on the flop you have 13 outs Which is 52% chance of winningif the K is good it would be 16 or 64% .On the turn there halved.

Hand 3)I dont 3 bet enough so i cant really comment but as you did and that flop i dont mind your play.

Hand 4)You went with your guy and it worked for you sometimes they dont but we gotta learn to trust it. Nice hand!

Iam going to steal your idea for adding more tables.
Best of luck