Thursday 30 August 2007

15 000 Hands !!

Ok so here we are at the end of August . Its been a week since my last post but i have had lots of life stuff going on and wanted to get to 15000 hands hence the delay i also wanted to get to $800 but this is close enough got a bit obsessive .

And after approximately 1 YEAR i have finally sold one of my chip shops . Praise the lord !!

Sorry but i could not get the paint programme to work a second time for the exact figures so this will have to do

15068 hands 1116 $100nl 13842 $50nl +$416 $100nl + $312 $50nl + S72 HU
V$PIP 19.47 PFR 14.17

Thats all good , but check out my button play !!









And so we go on , results wise i think things have gone pretty well , although there are still areas where i can improve massively , and I'm not completely happy with the path i took to the month end results ( could have done with out the bad start !! ) .When i look at the goals i set for August i have pretty much achieved what i wanted to . The power of Goal setting i do believe

I am amazed at the difference playing in position has made to my figures
i mean check out my button play !! I was obviously aware of position when studying other peoples pos stats , but when you see it on your own , that's when it hits home .

The number of hands that i have played is also pretty cool . If you take into account that i work from 9 - 4 in an office and then go and run my chip shop that hopefully will be sold next week . That's a goal achieved !!

Another important factor in my improvement in this game , is the continued support of all the other bloggers in this developing group . I must say i was a little sceptical early in July as to the effectiveness of this , and this combined with selling my chip shop and a severe bout of overconfidence led to the disaster that was July .However i have learned my lesson the hard way .

One of my September goals will be to improve my ability to decide where to get action as opposed to winning the pot . A point that has been helpfully made on some of my hands recently . This will be combined with the improvement of my player range reading which is needed in order to achieve the first goal .

I am pretty sure that the range issue will be a fundamental area in my overall improvement in September . I am also going to incorporate this in my use of floating which is an area i need to work on

Anyway here are the result for the month of August in no particular order and a great big thank you to all who have posted on my hands and all who have maybe just read them .

Graham

3 comments:

losbert said...

Nice set of results Graham especially after the bad start.

I would agree with alot of what you have said in regards to Playing in Position. It is something I believe in and is definitely the way to go in the long run.

I was also sceptical about how this Community would work and whether it would run for a couple of weeks and then people would lose interest. I know alot of people have but from those of us who are still posting I have learned so much. Its a pity I don't apply it all the time.

Good luck for September.

Chris

DODGYKEN said...

Nice results Graham. It seems to me like you've improved a hell of a lot in the last month. Keep going like this and you'll be fine.

RakebackFAQ said...

Great results and congrats about the sale. Does that mean youve retired rich boy :)?
I think your stats are solid iam not great with the numbers but i think winning money in 40% of the flops youve seen is pretty good you seem to have a solid pre flop game and working on the other parts one at a time i think well see big steps in the coming months.
Best of luck