Friday 13 July 2007

Swings and Tilt

Well this week has not been so successful so far. On Monday i had about a 3 buyin loss and then he same again on Tuesday. On both occasions i was playing 4 tables and seemingly going through the motions . I had got back late from work and went straight to the tables . On both occasions i had a 100 nl table open where most of my losses seemed to occur . On reviewing my hands i found that i was as lose there as i was on the 25 / 50 which seems to be wrong . Everyone seems to be so much tighter at 100 nl is this the case ? . So last night i decided to play just two tables. One on stars and one on Full Tilt ended even on the stars but up 2 buy ins on the FT table. Part of my problem is getting back late from my fish and chip shop (chippy)and wanting to play as currently im am really excited about the poker .So basically im playing when im really tired but also really keen so i blow hot an cold throughout the session sometimes nodding off and sometimes ultra alert.This is not good.Although i have not posted many hands i have been checking out all the bogs and working on my blogsite too . Read some 2+2 threads last night regarding mental states and i know this applies to me .When im 4 tabling i pretty much just play the cards up to a point like raise and c bet then if im called i consider db and then check the pahud stats to try and put them on a range all in all whilst i have not played much poker i have certainly been learning , and hopefully over the weekend i can put a few theories to the test . For example open up my button and cutoff range as per tiens post . Tighten up my utg and mp positions hopefully i can subconsciously learn them to make it easier on the 4 tabling . Much happier with the content of my blog as well which was distracting me . One final topic regarding posting of hands . Does anyone find that when they have made a huge mistake they just either know at the time its wrong or afterwards they can see how obvious it was . I do and then i just cant post the hand as i already know the answer ? still i will get some out there tonight or tomorrow. Anyway good luck at the tables

3 comments:

losbert said...

I have found myself in similar situations when playing 4 tables so at the moment am playing no more than 3 and feel like I am in more control of where I am and can pay more attention to what is happening on all the tables I am playing.

With regards to hand posting, I have started reviewing and posting before I start playing on the next day so that I can be more objective and review them with an open mind. Some hands I thought were badly played at the time I have looked back at and it looks like is not really the case. Whereas other hands I think have played ok, I have doubts on when reviewing them.

DWarrior said...

Paragraphs are your friends :)

You should maybe look at Brystmar's hand chart to get an idea of what ranges you should have in each position, then see what extra hands you're playing and evaluate.

I like losbert's idea, though I tend to review my hands that same night anyway, but usually after a break.

As for posting hands, maybe you're being too closed minded and not seeing something if you think you don't have any questions about the hands you play. Try to read the blogs and the comments to see if your thinking process is off.

grinder said...

i definately like the idea of studying Brystmars hand chart and comparing then with my own....
i posted a question on the cr forum regarding reviewing my biggest losing hans and not playing them or perhaps looking at position and then not playing them....thanks for these ideas they are v good....not sure i like the paragraphs one though !! maybe next time.... lol