Wednesday 4 July 2007

Routines........ I wish i had one !!

Sadly due to my unsociable lfestyle....I have a chippy.... i find it quite difficult to get a balance between work , poker and my family . This usually results
in me playing very late at night / early morning whilst a little tired. Played a couple of sessions one i lost $82 but i know i was playing
badly and the villains were hitting the flush draws and the all in bet
was there which i refused to call. I have not had time to review that
session but last nights virtually break even session 58 mins 363 hands + $8
i have reviewed . These hands i found tricky

hand 1 http://www.pokerhand.org_ 1234497.htm
hamd 2 http://www.pokerhand.org_ 1234505.htm
hand 3 http://www.pokerhand.org_ 1234507.htm
also im sort of having trouble with the poker hand postings
what
am i doing wrong here D warrior said something about the html but sadly
i have no idea what hes taking about help please !! How do i post the hand on my blog so that when you click on them they take you to the hand

4 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

Go here for stuff on adding links. It's easy.

mongoose said...

what is a chippy?

i didn't see anything wrong with the Jacks hand. you raised, he called with 98 and hit both of them. i think you're going to lose money in those situations, but you got out without paying anything on the river.

if i played it that way, i'd be perfectly fine with it.

Hand 2: i generally don't call raised hands with KQo, so i would have folded preFlop.

as played, it's tough to c-bet through two players. it definitely had to be a sizeable c-bet, and with 2 players pot sounds reasonable to me.

after that you shut it down, after having found out where you stand. that seems reasonable.

Hand 3: did you get timed out on this one?

i ran this range through pokerStove, and it would put you behind 60/40:
Villan: 88+,44,AhKh,AhQh,AhJh

fwiw.

DWarrior said...

Hand 1: looks standard, I think you have to bet the turn because checking will make for a tough spot if he bets.

Hand 2: Yeah, I might just let it go pf, or maybe just call behind. As played, I think before I'd c-bet here thinking that this board didn't hit them, but I think one of them is extremely likely to have a pair, and they don't like folding pairs on these kinds of boards.

Hand 3: I'll fold it to the 3-bet, unless you know the guy to be a maniac, then shoving is probably best. If you call, this is one of the best spots for you, and it's still very hard to play for stacks because basically the only hand he's got here that you beat is JJ, or a very aggro AK.

I disagree with mongoose, I don't think people 3-bet AJs or even AQs very often, I see people not 3-betting AKs even. I see his range as JJ+, AK at best here, with the frequencies of JJ and AK reduced.

Basically, the only time you'll want to stack off is when a Q hits, so you're kinda set mining with 4:1 odds.

grinder said...

yeah i thought pretty much that the first hand was a bit of a cooler , the second i should have just folded and the third i dliberately timed out , dont know if should have called such a large reraise