Sunday 20 January 2008

Weekly Update

Well another week finished and i am sitting here once again looking back on the week and reflecting...

Poker wise my week is definately split into two parts Mon - Thur and then the weekend . This weekend i think has been pretty succesful . I have spent a lot of time digesting information from blogs . Marcs time management piece and Gregs downswing control have been pretty interesting this week. I also read some of the guys blogs and realized that i am too results orientated , and have managed to not worry too much about this

The Mini forum that Pete has created is pretty awesome really , whilst we may not have a massive audience , it certainly provides immediate and constant replies , occasionally on the cr forum you may not have always got an opinion or replies to posts whereas with ours you pretty much get replies from everyone which is cool to be honest

Obviously not suggesting that this is replacing anything but its nice to have a tight nit group forming that you can rely on to give answers and provide questions

Also been checkng out a few other blogs , I can honestly say poker wise its been a pretty relaxing weekend . Easily met my target of 2.5k per week so far and whilst the resilts have not gone my way , i am certainly feeling comfortable with my game

Finally got the floating bit as well , im not sure on which blog i read it but it was written so simply that after i tried it out a few times with success i just got it , really pleased

Life wise there has been a bit of variance . Im not sure how my wife is coping with
the news about her father , the major problem is that she is so far away and whilst
they are a huge family its very difficult for them all to co-ordinate movements back and forth to Cyprus . The other problem they have is that the information that keeps
coming from the doctors is sometimes contradictory and / or confusing for them , so there are ups and downs every couple of days , one thing for sure is that he is very ill

I dont want to get all emotional about stuff as this happens to people all the time but
death cerainly changes your view on things and puts things into perspective or maybe not , but hey thats just life

Spent a lot of time on and off throughout out the weekend with my boy , playing here and there in between poker relaxing so all in all its been a pretty cool week , i think . Ahh thats sure to get the doomswitch going for sure anyway

later

4 comments:

Bazclef said...

Hi Graham,

Cheers for the rail last night, was certainly an eventful session! Sent some of the hands to Messiah. I'll be around tonight to return the favour is you're playing.

Sad to hear about your wife's Dad, I hope everything goes ok.

Baz

Marc said...

Results orientation can definitely leave you too frustrated. I agree about the forum being potentially really good...I am going to try posting some hands this week as I get caught up with stuff.

G/L with your father-in-law's situation...should certainly put poker in perspective!

losbert said...

I agree about the forum it has the potential to help us out alot. I'll be posting more there than any where else for the time being.

Hope everything goes ok with your father in law and that your wife finds things a bit easier to deal with

RakebackFAQ said...

Sorry to hear about the family situation i hope that it all goes well for yous!

I think the forum we has is brillient you get proper answers and lots of them to. I think as time goes by it will be great for all of us.

There is a link on my blog to a post BAZ done about being results orientated is a very good read.

All the best