Saturday 12 January 2008

Poorly Played Hands

Ok here are 3 hands that i pretty much masacered last night . I think i need to know how i should have played them correctly


Hand1 Villain is very new to the table

I standard raise the flop and get re raised...I thought that as he was new to the table he may be making a play...I decided to re raise my ak...

The first question i need an answer to is... is AK stong enough to 4 bet with
im thinking its pretty much player dependant ? Is that correct ?

Anyway its a long time before he calls...The flop has hit no-one...i think my only chance here is to bet out...the fact that he tought so long before calling me on the 4 bet means he must put me on a premium hand

Sadly he called and showed KK

How was my play by street ?

www.pokerhand.org/?1928666


Hand 2 Villan is 17 /14

I pretty much messed this hand up i tried a min bet raise and then just had to call

How should i have played this one and when should i have know i was beaten

www.pokerhand.org/?1928670



Hand 3 villain was quite loose 33/14

I flopped 2 pair . I know i am way ahead but how do i win the pot ? Does anyone ever overbet a $1 dollar pot ?

Hes called the turn bet which has helped him and i just have to call the river
I just didnt have the guy on A3

The thing is with this hand is that i am way ahead until the river . How and Where should i have won this pot . This one sucked i know !!


www.pokerhand.org/?1928676


Apart from thhes hands i think i am good with my game . I have had a great respons from the group so far to my posts . I think petes idea on expansion was awesome

Im also going to keep regular posts on my blog and make sure i am hitting everyone elses

Any thoughts on improving fell free to add

Good Luck All

4 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

1) I think AK is definitely strong enough to put in a fourth bet. It's part player dependent and part situation. I'm much more likely to put in a fourth bet if I'm the initial raiser from late position than I am if I'm in early position--assuming the opponent isn't totally shortstacked or an idiot. And that's just the thinking that they know my range is wider from late position so their three betting range is wider which means AK is better against that range. Plus if he calls and we whiff we can check behind.

As for the hand, I think I give it up when he calls the fourth bet. He's not folding and you hit zip so let it go.

2) Don't minraise. Seriously, just don't. What's that one liner we heard recently that resonates? A raise on the turn has one pair beaten? That's where I fold.

3) I almost never complete the small blind unless a) there are a few limpers or b) I want to induce a raise from a BB that would normally fold.

Other than that I think you played it fine. Maybe you could have folded the river but that's not going to be a hand that beats you often I don't think.

Velislav Babatchev said...

I agree w/ Rasputin on all the hands, except maybe the last one. What are you really beating that he is raising you w/ on the river besides a bluff?

Also, let's try to post our hands on the forum so it's easier to comment on them and track the progress/comments. I will try to put some up tonight myself.

losbert said...

I also agree with Rasputin on the hands you have played. I can't really add much mire than has already been said.

With regards to improving our games I think we have got to use the group to its maximum through posting hands in the forum, Sweat Sessions, Video's etc.

Alot of the pro's say what really helped them was discussing situations with other like minded people. We can work on our games as much as we can but getting different views is going to improve our play in no time.

grinder said...

hi chris

youre 100% right about the group
and forum it has taken things to another level