Sunday 6 January 2008

2008 Goals and Progress

Ive been thinking for a while now about my goals for 2008
Obviously i want to move up and stuff like that...but probably due to the
fact that i play part time i need to be more realistic about them

December was probably more than likely my best month so far in this Poker
Eperiment / Obsession / Battle / Relationship... that i have going on !

I want Poker to provide a secondary income if possible , i mean thats the reason i
play , If i re examine my December results i was running at about 10ptbbs over 5500k hands . $500 personally i want to make it around $1500 . Now i think that 10ptbbs is a little unrealistic therefore i have decided that 7.5 is a better figure @50nl

So i have set my goal @ $1500 per month . Now @ 50 nl and 7.5 ptbbs i would need to play 20k hands . Realistically i can mangage 10k hands per month although i need some adjustments . However that is only going to net me $750 per month and my goal is $1500 !! So i need more adjustments

15000 hands @ 100 nl @ 5ptbb = $1500 i think please correct me if i am wrong


So here are the adjustments and changes i need to make to my game over the next few months

1. I need to play more hands ? In order to do so i am going to start 4 tabling again maybe go over Verneers 6 table video again and while my roll is comfortable try a couple of 6 table sessions Maybe

2 I need to step up in levels . To be honest... i cant honestly say i have ever had a lot of success at 100nl so this is a subject that needs to be broached . I will look into getting coached over a period of a month once i hit 7.5ptbbs @50nl over 10k hands .I think it is important that i hit those 2 targets first... but i will do some investigating regarding coaches...in the meantime i will concentrate on planning properly and structuring my playing sessions

3 Finally ths study group seems to have sprung back into life and hopefully we will embark on another chapter in our developement


On poker this year to be honest i startde the first session 4 tabling i ran KK into something and felt like every cbet was re raised and that every raise was re raised too . I ended my first session down over 3 buyins . On a couple of occasiins i nerly got back to even but have hit some sick coolers.

Anyway i still feel like my play is good and so il put it down to variance

Update Soon

4 comments:

losbert said...

Graham

nice set of goals and aims. Looks like all of us in the group have got pretty set ideas to get to the next level in the not too distant future.

I agree we're definitely looking to move things on in the group and hopefully we can help eachother together with the people we decided to add to the group in becoming the best player's we can.

Your 1st session sounds similar to my first session of the year. Better to get them out the way early in the year.

All the very best for this year.

RakebackFAQ said...

Ive had a bad start to but like Chris says its best to get them out of the way. I wish you all the best with the goals that youve set and with 08.

INSPIRON said...

Hey Graham! I have just ran into your blog. I thought you didn't have one. I wanted to ask you why is that but i hadn't.
Good luck in 2008!
About the number of tables. If you want to improve your game I suggest playing not more than 3-4 tables and really focus and keep notes. Also take little breaks, they do help.
If you want to grind a certain level in order to make your roll bigger (for you to step up to a future level), then you could 6table, right.
Good luck! Keep in touch!

INSPIRON

Marc said...

I like the thought process behind your goals, but be careful about playing too many tables, especially at a limit you haven't beaten, yet. Ultimately, your improvement as a player at these stakes will be more important than the actual # of hands or profit, IMO.

Looks like a lot of the group is being challenged for the beginning of the year, too!