Tuesday 27 November 2007

Ok here is a first i think !!

These are my top 10 losing and 9 out of my top 10 winning

I am going to go through them and analyse my play !! Be warned i suffer from tilt
so i am going to work out how many are coolers and how many are tilt

Then the same with the winning . ie how many i have played well and also if i have coolered anyone

For info on some of the HHs there are 2 sets of hole cards . I am player G1RAY not always the hero . I dont know why it does this

Losers
www.pokerhand.org/?1746957
I am not sure if this is a cooler !! KK and the guy hits trips My all in bet certaianly means ill get called by better hands though. Looks like i should have made a pot size bet to see where i am . Probably could have worked out i was behind but not sure i could have folded

www.pokerhand.org/?1746962
This looks like tilt to me !! I cant see why on earth i am all in with tens here
i think maybe the guy had been pissing me off . So i gave it the all in beat my tens !! Which obviously he did . Poor play

www.pokerhand.org/?1746967
Another obvious poor play from me . How could i think my A10 was ahead . This must be another tilt play . For some reason sometimes i have problems believing that an all in bet at this level probably means that the guy has hit his trips
Hopefully i can learn from this one !!


www.pokerhand.org/?1746973
Another KK loser . I remember thinking a lot about this one . I just cold not put him on an 8 after my re-raise hence the call bit of a bummer . I must realize that an all in bet must mean something !! However calling a rr with J* is pretty donkish i think . But not as donkish as my call !!

www.pokerhand.org/?1746979
Rivered !! I think i can handle this one . i was pretty sure i was ahead of this guy and was pretty please when i saw the K6 not so happy when the 6 fell on the river though . At least i was ahead !!

www.pokerhand.org/?1746987
Not quite a cooler although i had the nfd and a straight . I was trying to slow play this but have since learned not too !! My call on the river though is pretty donkish , Probably a disappointment call that i had had such a strong hand on the turn which i had played wrong

www.pokerhand.org/?1746990
Here is another one where im not sure if its a cooler !! I think i have got to get it in here , thats what i think OR should i have thought more about his raise
i dont know here !!
www.pokerhand.org/?1746995
I think this is pretty standard . I knew he had a strong hand maybe AA but cant fold here !!

www.pokerhand.org/?1746999
Not sure what to make of this hand . At the end of the day do i want to get it all in with AQ here ? maybe not . looking back i think maybe i could have folded !
but ill need a comment or 2 on this one , to help me here

www.pokerhand.org/?1747003
I have no idea WTF !! this is obviously a tilt call , i must have taken a bad beat on another table to play this like i did . I dont really like A% at the best of times os i have no idea why i played like a moron here !!

Thats the hbyh summary , ill have a look later and come to some overall conclusion
on my biggest losers


Winners
www.pokerhand.org/?1747007
www.pokerhand.org/?1747012
www.pokerhand.org/?1747015
www.pokerhand.org/?1747019

www.pokerhand.org/?1747031
www.pokerhand.org/?1747039
www.pokerhand.org/?1747050
www.pokerhand.org/?1747058
www.pokerhand.org/?1747063

Comments on my losers welcome

4 comments:

Marc said...

Highlight a couple that are troubling, or feel free to send them to me...looking through winners as well as losers is really valuable, IMO...reminds you that good things can happen, but also you can find some lines that work well for maximum extraction sometimes. Nice job.

RakebackFAQ said...

This is a good idea you seem to be going through your history in good detail and will pay for its self in time. Ill try get my thoughts on the losers and maybe the winners another time.

Hand 1 KK
I think you explained this well yourself there is no need to go allin here and i agree it would be a tough fold if you didnt go allin and he did.

Hand 2
If there is history with you 2 i dont see this as a horrible call he probably thinks your light here and would do this with a number of hands, but if he was nitty i would wait for a better spot.

Hand 3
I think this was a bad call here with the A10 you said yourself how could you do it with no kicker. This could be a bit of a leak i think your telling yourself hes lying but most of the time there not.

Hand 4
I wouldnt hate this one either he could have an over pair flush with overs type of hand one thing i would do tho is think about the size of your 3bets against bigger stacks. Its only 4 for him to call if he had a small pair its ok for him to call i think hes getting 11-1 to hit a set so that 2 or 3 extra $ against the big stacks makes them make a mistake by calling with such hands. If he had one.

Hand 5
Cooler

Hand 6
I commented on this one before i think.

Hand 7
Not much you can do here

Hand 8
Again not much you can do

Hand 9
This is a bit tricky because if you call your going in on the river i think i would do the same as you here. If your really playing your agame and focused i think you could fold this but for me it would happen as it did for instantly too.

Hand 10
Its tough to lay down here as you could easily do this if you had A2 but i think with such an overbet you gotta let go of this one.

I wouldnt kick myself to much over these you know your making mistake in some of them but making sure you dont repeat them will be worth the money. One thing you say alot is this was a tilt call i think you should try kick this straight away and stop playing if you find yourself doing this. You have to take responsabilty for your results and stop putting them down to tilt.

Good post best of luck!

Velislav Babatchev said...

losers

hand 1: bet about 19 on the turn, and depending on how he's playing respond to his actions. if he raises all in and is passive i think you can safely pitch it. if he smooth calls you, i think you have to play it defensively on the river and put out a blocker bet.

hand 2: y are you 3 betting him? if he's crazy enough to play AQ for all his chips, do you really want him 4-betting you all in and leaving you to decide if you wanna flip at best?

hand 3: you are never ahead here, ever. and you're bulding a big pot w/ A10. if you want to raise and see if you're ace is good and take it down now, fine. but don't call he's overshove.

hand 4: this is tough spot as he could have an underpair you beat, or just be doing this w/ nut flush draw. i have problems w/ this type of hand too, because in my mind i'm thinking why would he shove here w/ the made hand, however I see this a lot at these levels...would like to know what others think.

hand 5: standard.

hand 6: you summerized it, it's brutal, don't slow play the turn in this situation. I find that the turn is the worst place to slow play because you want to be building a pot w/ your hand and you don't want a scare card coming for either of you on the river. The ten on the river is certainly a scare card. I would rather make my mistakes betting mistakes rather than calling mistakes. And that's the general theme w/ most of the misplayed hands I have, or have seen reveiwing others. Make your mistakes being aggressive, not calling ppl down, let them make those mistakes.

hand 7: cooler, i'm not sure how i get away from this. aggainst an aggressive opponent i probably call raise, and check raise all-in on turn to get the most value out of weaker hands. against a regular i prob get it all in on flop. the guy has to have like a zero af on flop for me to consider folding. tough luck.

hand 8: standard unless he plays 2/2 lol.

hand 9: bet flop? as played, don't raise turn, you gave up control of the hand on the flop. however, i find it hard to get away from on river, i probably raise his bet on the river then feel sick when he comes back over the top. maybe do raise turn, but fold if he 3-bets? i donno, interested in other opinions.

hand 10: gross lol u knew it. umm call the turn, put out blocker bet, fold to a raise?

vili

losbert said...

I agree that this is a good idea but I would split into seperate posts or maybe reduce to top 5 winners's and loser's there's too many hands to go through. Also, it would have been useful to have some stats on the other player's. Anyway, here's my comments on the losing hands: -

Hand 1 - Not sure about the turn play $103 into $27 pot. That being said I think the money's going in at some point.

Hand 2 - Your probably right but your ahead when the money went in. I think his play is alot worse than yours. All in Pre Flop AQ Suited when deep stacked not sure about that at all.

Hand 3 - This is fine up to the All In Call. Wait for a better opportunity.

Hand 4 - If he didn't have an 8 what hand would he be check raising all in with. Having said that its very tough to put this hand down.

Hand 5 - Nothing you can do here

Hand 6 - You need to bet out the turn and fold the river

Hand 7 - If your going to continue you have to do as you did and raise all in. You can't call. How are you supposed to read player's for sets, a big problem I'm having right now.

Hand 8 - I agree I don't think you can ever fold KK pre flop at these levels. If you run into AA then just move on.

Hand 9 - I agree with your comments here is a pair good enough to get all the money in on the turn. The board does have some drawing potential if a little unlikely. I just call and reassess the tiver. Why the check on the flop, did you consider c-betting?

Hand 10 - I think your being a bit harsh here although you can pribably get away from it due to the weak kicker.