Monday 17 September 2007

Half Way Through September

Long Blog !!

So Its just about halfway through the month , and probably a good time to review things to get an indication of how its been going so far .

To be honest last week was difficult , AGAIN , my first session lasted about an hour and a half , i was card dry and by the end of the session i went all in with ak on a rag board to be called ny JJ and by then had lost about 2 buyins . That was Tuesday and then Wednesday morning i played a 100 nl heads up game and lost a buyin when my AK on A 9 4 board failed against 10 10 when the guy hit a 10 on the turn .But i think i played the hand ok , so no complaints there .

For the rest of the week i struggled to find the right time to play and decided to just watch a couple of fruity pro videos , re jigged my hud and basically tried to work out what was going on with my game and things .

The answers i am pretty much sure lie in my timetable . The tables are much harder earlier in the evening uk time and then there is the other problem of getting into a table at Absolute at that time . It seems as though everyone is looking for a 50 nl table and you cant get one for love nor money !!

This means that the table selection is poor and much harder to 4 table , for me anyway . So i had to make a few rules and change the format . If i play early in the evening i will only play 2 tables and 4 if i play later in the evening . The 2 tableing helps me with hand ranges which i am struggling with at the moment , but that is the area i need to work on so thats not a problem .

Anyway so far this month i have played a dissapointing 4462 hands which meant i played only 1624 hands since last week and 683 were last night !! Her i felt i had a good session on Absolute winning about a buyin . My V$PIP and PFR are 19.65 and 12.51 so i can work on that . Position stats are much better although from the first week my sb is dreadful. I am at -$297 but that has been below -$400 so i see that as a sort of recovery form my poor start to the week .

I played a couple of sit and gos and a couple of tourney as well only small ones but it sort of made me realize how much of a grind the cash games are and how you must be prepared mentally and physically too. You must make sure you bring your A game to the tables . I thik August took a bit out of me and i am still coming to grips with my new lifestyle so this is effecting my play also .

I am pretty sure i had not been enjoying my poker over the last coupl of weeks and that may have been one reason for the poor play . This was confirmed when i played acouple of SnGs and i really enjoyed them along with the tourneys . I just needed a smallbreak and a little change of scenerey . This may continue into this week but ill see how it goes .

I Dont want to sound drepressing or anything like that but im learning a few lessons at the moment that are uncomfortable to me ( like losing $ ) but i think they say that the most succefull jockey's are also the ones that have lost the most races ?
At least i think they say that .

Anyway im not making any big plans this week , im just trying to play around with scheduling the games , i have been reading all the blogs . Spark99 form the PIFs is worth a read as he just stepping up to 100nl . Also im going to buy the full tilt book and Professional no limit holdem which i havent got yet to see if i can pick up some hints and tips

Just one hand to post that i played this morning . I was in MP and raised it up like you do . Standard c bet and then this re raise . I mean i was toying with the idea of calling , but i just couldnt think he had though i had missed and was re raising with air i mean this is a big re raise ( i thought ) i put him on trips to be honest or is this an aggressive flush draw raise . Thoughts please

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1490703



Seat 1: Deadly5s ($10.50)
Seat 2: UrWifeLovesMe ($49.75)
Seat 3: Suburban BAyy ($56.45)
Seat 4: soltana ($50.95)
Seat 5: HERO ($48)
Seat 6: DMJET ($45.90), is sitting out
UrWifeLovesMe posts the small blind of $0.25
Suburban BAyy posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [9s Ts]
soltana folds
HERO raises to $1.75
Deadly5s calls $1.75
UrWifeLovesMe folds
Suburban BAyy calls $1.25


*** FLOP *** [4s 5d Td]
Suburban BAyy checks
HERO bets $4.50
Deadly5s folds
Suburban BAyy raises to $12
HERO has 15 seconds left to act
HERO has requested TIME
HERO folds
Uncalled bet of $7.50 returned to Suburban BAyy
Suburban BAyy mucks
Suburban BAyy wins the pot ($13.80)

Good Luck At The Tables !!

2 comments:

losbert said...

Graham

Sorry for the negativity here but if you haven't seen these links then i'd be withdrawing my money from Absolute pretty sharpish if I was you. This may be a hoax but it looks pretty damning to me I'm afraid: -

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=127&threadid=15368&enterthread=y

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=30418&enterthread=y

I know what you mean about table selection. I have the same issue at the moment.

I've not played too many hands this month either but I did take a week off and its done me the world of good.

Good luck and this will pass we all have bad runs. Hopefully if this group that Marc is trying to set up goes ahead it will help us all and give us a different perspective.

RakebackFAQ said...

Hows it going Graham. I dont think you need to look to much into them posts on 2+2 i looked through them all yesterday and it looks like High stakes players are cheating iam not moving my money from there just yet its the only site ive found that i like and can get rakeback.

As for table selection theres a tool called idle miner and it works on absolute you can open 10 tables with it what iam at is opening that and waiting for 10-15 mins and i pick the rooms with the biggest vpip smallest pfr -BB/100 and low won at showdown stats. Its 50$ but well worth it.

As for finding your feet i wouldnt be to bothered its a big change that youve made by giving up work so iam sure after a while you'll find the right routine for you theres no need to rush it.

Best of luck with the rest of the month. And i echo Losberts words there about the group.