Monday 7 July 2008

Help Wanted and Needed !!!

I have recently been trying to open up from the cutoff and button, the problem is I am a little unsure of my preflop range from these positions

Here’s a few things that I am not sure of

Suited hands in the cutoff or button . What is the range here , would I raise a hand like Q7 in the cutoff or do I do it on the button or at all ?

I know it is player dependant but if I am going to open up I will have to raise more regardless of the players

How about J2 suited on the button , I would raise k7 suited from the cutoff and the button , but is that correct ?

The next area is when I have these hands and I am going to raise but get raised first , for example K10 suited I would normally raise from the cutoff and the button and depending on the table utg+1 but what if I am on the button and get a utg+1 or cutoff raiser ?
do I fold ? do I call ? What do I do ?

As well as the suited hands what about 1 gappers or 2 gappers and how far down do I go , currently I will raise 56off and up from the button in an unraised pot , is that correct ?

Then what about the higher cards when in a raised pot ? how about A10 or KQ do I fold raise or call , it is these marginal hands that I stuggle with

On the C betting side of things , what sort of percentages do you C bet against , I used to C bet all the time , but now I try for somone who folds over 70 percent, is that too high ? , should I go lower whats the right percentage

Sorry about the length and number of questions but I need answers

Later All

Graham

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

I need to do this to but ill try answer 1 or 2 , I feel anyone over 70% you should be cbetting no matter waht it'll be profitable i wouoldnt go much lower.Im betting any 10+ flop IP when im the PFR v 1 opponent v 2 or more i think 1st.

As for K7,J2 type hands i would cut these out till i get a good solid foundation they just lead to tough spots and tough spots lead to head aches which suck no need to be doing that when others are and your K10s hand is crushing them. I suggest getting a hold of holdem manager and have a look at what your range from each position is and see how successful you are.

About 2 posts ago you were saying you play to much i think its important to vary things Graham if you play non stop you will become stale in your thinking and start to go nowhere. Try watching a vid sometimes, watch others play browse forums and my secret weapon would be nintendo ds brain training im sure youve got your kid one by now.

When i started it i was aged 43 (26 really) now im 29. Silly i know but if it helps me think better ill use it.
All the best with sorting your questions out. Gotta get holdem manager though its a great tool.