Monday 1 October 2007

Where Too Now ?

Well September has been a truly disappointing month . And to say im pissed would be an understatement . To be honest i had sort of resigned myself to losing around $350 this month and was looking to write a summary last night but i though i would play 2 tables of 100nl which i think i can cope with .

Cooler no 1... When my KK got it all in with AQ on a 5 10 Q flop Villain bet $24 into a pot of the same size i raise all in for my stack and they called turn was a J and the river was a king...nice

Cooler no 2... i had AA after raising the flop to about $30 the shorty raise on a flop with 2 spades to $64 all in which i obviously called only for him to hit his flush draw on the turn...talk about kicking when there down !!

So that put my monthly loss at $-534 my figures are as follows and as my paint still isnt working this will have to do

Hands 13476 $-534 V$PIP 19.67 PFR 12.52

Looking at those stats im thinking its obvious that the problrm is im not raising enough and when you look at my sb figure which is close to 26% its easy to see im limping from the blind straight into trouble . If you take my small blind posting figure out of my stats...its still red !!

So the only target i have sort of hit this month is the hands played !! However that was only because i tried 8 tabling in order to get the hands in !! On occasions this seemed to be going ok however i was finding that i was calling with marginal hands too much and it was easy for tilt to set in !!

other factors are that I stopped taking notes and my 3 betting was virtualy Zero . I also didnt work very much on hand ranges .

On the positive !!! . There is a positive i hear you say !! Well theres got to be one somewhere ?!

I think its this .Obviously the above is pretty much why my figures are as they are so at least i am aware of it !!

I opened a Blue Square account so i could try and win an online entry into the Grosvenor Tourney in Walsall . The thing is there are so few satellites there that i got bored and decided to play 100nl and managed to win $200 . I also entered a Stars $15 DS and manged to get $320 in $ws so my bankroll is sort of ok . I say sort of as i dont count my stars bankroll as thats for tourneys and relaxation when i cant be bothered and play micro limits whle watching TV and the blue Square is not counted either as thats for tourneys also !!

My FT bankroll has taken a hit !! and that hurts . I have some rakeback which i will sort out later but when i play FT or AB thats when i am really concentrating on playingand my results suck !!

So Where do i go to now !! I am ging to take a Week off from playing the 4 table or cash games . I am going to play 1 or 2 tables of 50 nl or maybe 100 nl if i do decide to play and i will try and put people on hands . Ill do a bit of reading . Im going to review a lot of my hands to see if i can see where the leaks are , although i know calling down pots with marginal hands or draws is one of them and this is costing me money big time .

I also think there is a session with a few of the other bloggers which i will try and get too and i have a live game on wednesday at the local rugby club .

I will post some goals later in the week . I think at least if i start later in the week i cant get off to a bad start ... i hope... and as confidence is really a big part of anything i do it would be nice to get off to a good start .

Anyway there appears to be some thoughtfull stuff above so it will give me something to work on . Also if i havent posted during the week dont worry im am always reading the blogs .

Its a really tough thing blogging about stuff when you are really dissapointed in your play .

Anyway Good Luck at the tables

6 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

"Its a really tough thing blogging about stuff when you are really dissapointed in your play."

It is but I think it's one of the most important times to do it. Poker isn't about winning, it's about not losing.

If you're looking at PT numbers, you might want to reference this post

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&an=0&page=0

from pokey on 2+2 that takes you through a bunch of stuff.

Hang in there.

losbert said...

I agree with Rasputin, I've done an analysis of my game using the link and I don't know whether you've seen it I've posted the analysis on my blog. I've found it really useful as I've discovered leaks I didn't know I had. I'd recommend it for yourself you don't have to post the outcome.

Here's to a better October.

Good Luck.

Chris

RakebackFAQ said...

Best of luck with October. You seem to be a bit down at the moment which will affect your game.

I think switching from tourneys to cash always messes up your game i know it does for me so what ive been doing is playing only cash then hit the torneys on the weekends with no cash games. It seems to be ok.

This group that were doing will be a good thing i think, alot of the top pros say that they had a group of players to talk about hands with lets hope it works out for us.

Good Luck

DODGYKEN said...

It's definitely more important to blog when struggling than when doing well! Good luck with October - try to play tighter but more aggressively. And post hands on the forum that you're not sure about.

grinder said...

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated

Marc said...

+1 for both good wishes and that link by Pokey. It's a great list of things to check for. I actually think that some of his targets are not aggressive enough. He wrote this when the games were quite a bit better, and I believe it's also influenced by full ring, although I might be not remembering correctly.

You have identified a number of important things to look at as well, which is good because now you can take action on them. That will put you back into control a bit. I think one of the toughest parts about the coolers and bad beats you face while on a downswing as well is that you start to feel a bit helpless, like no matter what you do, you'll lose. So, by giving you something not only good for your game to focus on, but by giving you some more control, your confidence will improve, and you'll make better decisions. A lot of downswings and upswings have a snowball effect.

The session reviews I think will also be helpful, I'm excited to start those.