Saturday 6 October 2007

Short Summary

Ok here is a quick summary of the month so far and a few goals that I have set and I am determined to achieve. Actually one that I am determined to achieve

1 - Opponent Hand ranges - For some reason I am finding it difficult to put players on ranges. Therefore, I have decided to cut down to two tables until I have achieved a reasonable level. The reason why I have cut down to 2 tables is so that I can try and record notes for every hand that I play and give the opponents ranges .This is a fundamental part of the game and I think until I achieve this I wont progress much further .

2 - My hand-playing goal is not going to be massive this month due to the above. If I get to 8000 I think that will be an achievement 2 tabling.

3 - I have sort of stolen this from Marc I think... in that I am going to make at least a hundred posts on the CR forum. I have already started and as I am two tabling, I can find that I can post as well. Lol... the trick is to make sure people can understand them though, otherwise ill get no answers.

4 - A small group of us have started some review sessions. The first one went really well and I am going to make sure I am available and prepared for this. It will be a great method for improvement.

5 - Finally I checked out losberts Poker Tracker analysis the other day and found it very, very constructive. I am going to do the same for myself

As for this month... Well I finished my last session and had played 1310 hands. I sopped on this particular hand as I was dealt AA !!! I thought it was a good time to stop as it was the first time in those 1310 hands. Man that’s card dead for you, Anyway played 1310 V$PIP is at 14.05 I know this is low but I really have been card dead. PFR is at 10.69 some work to do here I know and imp going to get it up to 25% of the V4PIP . Also i have won $23 which is a plus as usualyy by this time of the month im down around $300 . Lets hope it stays that way !! mmm maybe less of the hope...hey !

I know I have played only 1300 hands but 1 figure I am proud of is my fold to sb this is 95.24% so no limping out of the sb for me so far !!

One final thing, got to the last 5 in the Blue Square GP qualifying Tourney
Three get the $2750 package but I finally went out in a desperate utg raise and my fours got crushed by the chip leaders AA gutted, but im going to get one of those packages
For sure

Anyway really looking forward to this month

Good Luck at the Tables

4 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Good luck with the month. They seem like solid goals to be aiming for. I think posting while playing means your not paying 100% attention but being card dead i can understand. Also you play pretty long sessions iam guessing about 4hrs at a time? i do 1-1.5hr sessions.

I can imagine that doing them marathon 1s it can get you tired. 1 thing i think you should do is play longer 1s when your in the mood and playing well and shorter 1s when your not playing your A game or card dead. It could help your reasults.

You seemed to have a bad time from SB if your folding 95% of them. I think if you select hands that play well in multi way pots and make a rule not to play big pots from there without the nuts you could have more sucess. Your getting great odds alot of the time to join the pot from the sb. This could be your next post on CR asking what kind of hands to play from there.
All the best.

mongoose said...

two tables works better for me. i get a better idea of things like who will raise tp/tk, who will limp with AA/KK/QQ, etc. and i take notes on it, keeps my head in the game. also makes it easier to get away from some hands, or push others.

2-tabling i get in 160 hands an hour, fwiw, that might help you get an idea of how many hands you'll be able to get in.


my folds sb to steal is about 85% for the last 5,000 hands or so for a net gain of $5. so, there is room to open it up a bit. like pkr_brat said, that might be a good CR conversation.

Bazclef said...

Sweet blogs, I need to get into this whole study group lark. Looks like it's really +EV! Linked because u guys motivate me to play more hands! Mad grinding!

Marc said...

Good goals, although as Willie says, if you're dropping down to 2 tables in order to focus more, be careful about multitasking by posting. I think that you may be mixing up the VPIP from SB and the fold to steal. 95% would be OK to fold SB to a steal, IMO, but if your VPIP is only 5%, that's way too tight (doesn't mean you should limp a lot from there....steals and defending also count in VPIP).

Good luck!