Thursday 8 May 2008

May Goals - Of Sorts

This month i want to try and consolidate from my April performance
One thing that stands out in May already is that i focus better when playing only 2 tables .

I find it easier to pick out the weaker players ( although my hud stats indicate this anyway , its good that i can pick them out from ther play too )

I also find it easier to pick spots to isolate them and am prepared to make riskier decisions against them.

It obviously also gives me more time to put players on ranges too

So that sort of the first goal

The next goal is to try and get more sweats conversations in with players
This is one of my weak spots but i had a short conversation recently and it gave me a couple of hints / ideas

One was , whilst reviewing top winning , losing , tricky hands , to try and put yourself in your opponents position , so play his hand as opposed to yours , this was a new idea for me so i was quite pleased

Another little pointer was about limpers who limp after a raise and a limp
ie i raise 4x say the sb calls and the bb calls , obviously if the bb has a premium hand then he should be squeezing , so if he doesnt squeeze maybe we can give him a more defined range ( maybe )

So thats the second goal

Later

2 comments:

losbert said...

Graham nice set of goals good luck with them. I agree with you 100% about focusing better when dropping down to 2 tables. I've a similar goal this month. I'll be up for some sweat sessions pretty much any evening if your interested. That's a good idea about putting yourself in your opponents position when reviewing hands, might give that a try.

RakebackFAQ said...

Sounds like a good plan Graham, Turning the hud off now and then might help you with woring on picking out the bad players.

Good luck