Monday 5 May 2008

April In Words - of sorts !!

Well after the results the previous month i was alittle worried about April
and as has been pretty much been standard i started off with a losing run

I could not really put my finger on anything in particular although i know for sure that early in April my small blind completion was horrific easily beating my button play

I continued to study my excel spreadsheet desperately trying to find the leaks and then thought the only answer was a session with my coach. After a few days of trying to arrange a lesson he sent me an email suggesting that i was a little anal about my spreadsheet ( my words not his ) and that it may be distracting me form the real task which was playing poker and focusing on the hands more .

After a few minutes deliberation , i had to come to the conclusion that he was right
It pretty much coincided with my upswing and therefore felt his theory had strength
around this time i also reduced the number of tables to 2 or 3 and tried to focus on playing against the weaker players more if possible .The combined results seemed good
and i went on a 10 buyin run which for me is quite good ( unheard of actually !! )

Then a small downswing when i got it all in deepsatcked with the Ace high flush only to run into a royal !! . The remaining 3k hands i think was spent watching people fold as i was dealt AA after AA and KK after KK many any times , i am surprised i didnt tilt on lots of ocasions but just concentrated on the hands . I did in fact quit on a few occasions when i had been dealt AA twice And KK twice and people just kept folding . I couldnt bear it . I finally managed to grind it out to $500 dollars and stopped as i was feeling pleased

No comments: