Thursday 7 February 2008

Just a Couple of things

As i am sure we are all doing , i have been working on my game recently , one area ,
although its difficult to work on , more like waiting for the opportunity , is the sueeze play .

I have introduced this recently into my game and came accross these 2 examples
although on the 2nd hand i didnt actually make the play

www.pokerhand.org/?2060858

www.pokerhand.org/?2060864

The major reason for this is that there was a shorty who had called the raise and
it was my feeling that if i did raise he would just go all in with the remainder of his stack , and i didnt fancy my chances in a coin flip with 3s . Im not sure if that was the right play , but thats what i did .

This brings me on to another point and maybe an example of how my game is improving . I remember reading the Justin Bonomo piece about how people learn and i sort of though...if this situation i.e. the 3s had happened to me earlier in my developement AND the result had been that i had lost my hand...i would have learnt INCORRECTLY that the squeeze doesnt work

Obviously i would have needed a couple more failures to reinforce this. But i just
goes to show how easily we can learn the wrong things and it was just sort of pleasing that i was aware of this at the time .



Obviously checked out Dodgy,s blog as per normal and loved the question . I have never thought to myself "what do i find difficult when playing opponents and then
decided to try it out against my opponents" so thanks very much for the thought
Martin , much obliged

Anyway Good Luck at the tables !!

No comments: